Home grown green bananas fried up into chips – served with rice.
1 green banana
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup vegetable oil for deep frying
- Use a potato peeler to remove the banana peal. Amma saves the skin for varai.
- Thinly slice banana. Amma uses a greater as per the photo.
- Combine banana, chilli powder and salt ingredients.
- Heat up the oil.
- Deep fry till banana in medium heat is golden in colour and crispy.
- Save the remaining oil for future use.
I cooked this today for lunch and it was quick, easy and delicious; thank you to you and your mum.
One thing I noticed is that you’ve omitted onions in step 2 of the method. I’m sure everyone will assume just as I did and add them in with the rest of the veggies, but given the rest of your site is so thorough I thought’d I’d mention it.
Dames – thank u for visiting MTK, ur feedback and the heads up about the onions.I will update soon.
Yup I was confused abut the onion situation too and you have not updated since September 2013
Pingback: Fried bitter gourd | My Tamil Kitchen