Note – when I wrote this post in 2013 it was for two dishes. An eggplant milk curry and banana chips. It’s now 2 of Feb 2016 and I have just updated the photos for both these dishes and checked the recipe. I have split them into two different posts. Link coming.
வாழைக்காய் பொரியல். Home grown green bananas fried up into chips – served as a side dish (kinda like papadams). Delicious!
1 green banana
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup vegetable oil for deep frying
- Use a potato peeler to remove the banana peal. My mum saves the skin for varai.
- Thinly slice banana. My mum uses a greater as per the photo.
- Combine banana, chilli powder and salt ingredients.
- Heat up the oil.
- Deep fry till banana in medium heat is golden in colour and crispy.
- Save the remaining oil for future use.