Puttu with fried potatoes and omlette was on mum’s breakfast menu this morning.
Here is the very easy to make omelette recipe.
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 2 free range non caged eggs
- green chillies sliced (as many as you can handle)
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- a pinch of salt
- for non vegetarians: 2 tsp shredded maldive fish is used back home
1. Fry the onions and the chillies till onions turn golden brown.
2. Beat the salt, eggs and the maldive fish together (if using fish).
3. Add the mixture to the onions and chillies. Ammah uses a hopper fry pan when making her omlettes – but any fry pan would do.
4. When omlette is taking shape, flip to the other side to make sure both sides are fried.
5. Keep frying till dry.
Note – my mother says the chillies in Australia are not as hot as back home, so she adds curry powder to the omelette. For 2 eggs she would add 1tsp curry powder.