This is similar to a Cucumber Raita and is served with rice and curry.
I am not entirely sure if it’s a traditional Tamil recipe, but my mum always makes it when we have guests over.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 1 carrot grated
- 1/2 medium sized red onion chopped finely ( if you think red onion is intense – use less)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger finely grated
- 1 large green or red chilli (hotness of the chilli will depend on your guest) cut vertically
- 1 medium lime or lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 tomato chopped
- Combine all ingredients and serve chilled.